Drum lessons in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Todd Harrold is accepting students (beginner and advanced) looking to take drum lessons online or in person in Fort Wayne, IN. Todd has 44 years playing experience and has recorded 8 albums under his own name.
Todd has studied with Mike Clark (Herbie Hancock, Albert King, Freddie King, Woody Shaw) Zoro (Lenny Kravitz), Paul Wertico (Pat Metheny, Larry Coryell, Kurt Elling), Peter Erskine (Steely Dan, Weather Report), New Orleans Legend Stanton Moore (Galactic), Jeff Sipe (Trey Anastasio, Phil Lesh, Aquarium Rescue Unit), Jack Mouse (Stan Kenton, Maynard Ferguson), Carl Allen (Freddie Hubbard, Jackie Mclean, Julliard School of Music), David Derge (David Benoit), and David Northrup (Boz Scaggs), George Sluppick (Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Mofro), Tony Mason (Charlie Hunter, Amy Helm), among others.
Topics stressed in lessons:
- Hand and Foot Control
- Rock-solid Time and Feel
- Learning as many playing styles as possible (Rock, Soul, Jazz, Latin, Reggae, etc.)
- Reading and Interpreting music (Dynamics, Context, etc.)
- History of Music Styles, Artists, and Drummers
- Playing songs & getting and maintaining work as a musician.
- Stick Control by George Lawrence Stone (hand exercises, interpretations for drum kit)
- Syncopation by Ted Reed (drum kit interpretations and variations in the fashion of Boston teacher Alan Dawson and the Berklee College of Music)
- The Art of Bop Drumming by John Riley (Swing playing)
- The Drummer's Complete Vocabulary as taught by Alan Dawson
by John Ramsay
- Patterns by Gary Chaffee (drum set coordination and interpretation)
- Groove Alchemy by Stanton Moore (Funk, Soul, Rock and New Orleans Second-Line rhythms)
- The Language of Drumming by Benny Greb (hand, foot, drum kit and reading coordination and vocabulary *a big favorite*)
- The Break Beat Bible by Mike Adamo (Funk and Hip-hop patterns and transcriptions)
- Bass Drum Control by Colin Bailey
- Advanced Funk Studies by Rick Latham
- The Master Drummer by John Riley (Swing and Latin playing)
- Percussive Arts Society 40 Essential Rudiments....among many others.
THE STUDENT DOES NOT NEED TO PURCHASE THESE BOOKS, these are just examples of books that will be worked out of directly or interpreted for lessons.
Todd schedules drum lessons in Fort Wayne seven days a week and his rates are currently $25 for half an hour and $40 for an hour.
Contact Todd at firstname.lastname@example.org or 260-478-5611 for more details or to get started!